[Seaside] lightbox with WATask

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:55:31 UTC 2007

Hi Gerhard,

> Is it possible to use the lightbox: (from SU) functionality instead
> of call: inside a WATask component.
> I know it is maybe a problem of the redirect of the WATask implementation.

this is definitely a bug. I added a report to the bug-tracker.

It occurs because the lightbox decoration also tries to render the
component that is initiating the lightbox. In the case of a task this
doesn't work (the task itself has no visual representation).

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6785

> But maybe there is a workaround?

I don't see a simple solution right now. Generally I suggest to use
WATask sparingly. If possible define your flow from a component using
a callback. This is does not show this bug and is more efficient as
well.

Cheers,
Lukas

--