[Seaside] Sushi Store and WABatchSelection

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Wed Nov 28 21:39:15 UTC 2007

Hi. I'm looking at the Sushi Store example to further expand my
understanding of Seaside and Smalltalk. I've come across a conundrum...

In the WAStoreFillCart class, there's a method #displayItems: that makes use
of WABatchSelection. #displayItems: is invoked from #browse which in turn in
invoked by clicking the anchor in #renderNavBarOn:.

I want to modify the Sushi Store app so that instead of having to click on
the "Browse" anchor, I can go straight to the selection list display (as
returned from WABatchSelection). For the life of me, I can't figure out how
to do this. I think there must be something I don't understand about Seaside
(or Smalltalk). (Very likely, as after 5 months I only know the "basics".)

Could someone clarify this for me, please?

Thanks,
Richard