[Seaside] Truly Opaque URLs

James Robertson jrobertson at cincom.com
Fri Nov 30 18:14:02 UTC 2007

This is the sort of thing developers tend to get overly concerned with,
while end users of web apps don't care.  At all.

When an average user goes to their bank's website, believe me, the question:

"I wonder what those characters in the url mean?"

doesn't even occur to him.  So long as the entry point to the app is
bookmarkable, and so long as normal things like "remember my username" work,
the rest is utterly irrelevant