[Seaside] Changing object class

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 3 13:04:31 UTC 2007

There is #as: which copies all instance variables of the same name as
well as indexed variables to a new class. So you could say

numericRow := RowNumeric new.
totalRow := numericRow as: RowTotal.

As Sebastian wrote, this does not change the identity, you will have
both the numericRow and totalRow objects afterwards.

Instead, you could really change the original row's identity:

row := RowNumeric new.
row becomeForward: (row as: RowTotal).

And as others have noted the need for doing this is a sign of bad
design. Sometimes It's handy to be able to do this nonetheless ;)

- Bert -