[Seaside] SULibrary and File Serving

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:52:08 UTC 2007

> > First, I¹m no longer using Seaside 2.8. Damien¹s beta dev image seems to be
> > broken because I can¹t get it to work on Linux (it works just fine locally
> > on my Vista machine, however).

The web images contain incompatible versions of
Seaside/Scriptaculous/Magritte/Pier. There should be problems no
matter what platform you use.

> It works for me on ubuntu without any problem...

I never had such problems on Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo.

As I already noted several times in the list I would avoid the use of
ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives. It might work, but at least
for me it is totally unclear what is going on in what order. I just
use plain rewrite rules.

Next, did you enable the directive ProxyPreserveHost xor did you
specify the correct absolute URLs in the Seaside config?

What do the Apache logs say? access_log, error_log, rewrite_log?

How do the generated pages look like? Are the URLs ok?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch