[Seaside] Squeak + Seaside questions

Alexandre Paes alex.paes at streetdogstudio.com
Mon Oct 8 17:03:38 UTC 2007

Hi seasiders,

I've been developing on seaside but only as a hobby, i'm really having
fun programming for the web, which hadn't happened to me for a long time
now.

Right now i've been asked to work on some project and i feel really
tempted to develop this in seaside, but i still have some questions and
could use some help to decide if squeak + seaside is actually an option.
Some of my doubts are:

1) I believe squeak + seaside only serves one request at a time, is this
right? If so, how will an application that is to serve 1-10 users
simultaneously behave in terms of performance?

2) Is it possible to have the application seamlessly deployed together
with Apache 1.3.37? All the documents i've found rely on stuff that
apparently are only available on Apache 2.x. (If someone could provide
some tips i'd be thankful)

3) How is squeak + seaside in terms of scalability, is it possible to
add multiple applications running on the same VM and have them not
colliding with each other? (Continuations still make my head dizzy,
that's why i ask this)

I know some of these might be really easy/dumb questions, but these come
to mind as a newbie on seaside at this moment when i need to assure if
seaside is really an option for this project. Thanks in advance to
anyone for the patience and help.

Best regards,

Alexandre Paes