[Seaside] Squeak + Seaside questions

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 17:23:35 UTC 2007

> 1) I believe squeak + seaside only serves one request at a time, is this
> right?

No, that's not true.

> If so, how will an application that is to serve 1-10 users
> simultaneously behave in terms of performance?

10 users should be easily handled by a single image.

> 2) Is it possible to have the application seamlessly deployed together
> with Apache 1.3.37? All the documents i've found rely on stuff that
> apparently are only available on Apache 2.x. (If someone could provide
> some tips i'd be thankful)

It is easier with Apache 2, but it works with any other web server as
well. What you have to do in this case is to set server-name and port
in the Seaside configuration, so that Seaside can properly generate
absolute URLs.

> 3) How is squeak + seaside in terms of scalability, is it possible to
> add multiple applications running on the same VM and have them not
> colliding with each other? (Continuations still make my head dizzy,
> that's why i ask this)

Yes, that's no problem.

Depending on the amount of concurrent users you might want to add more
VMs and do some load-balancing. This should not be necessary for 10
users though.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli