[Seaside] SULibrary and File Serving

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Mon Oct 8 22:57:40 UTC 2007

> -----Mensaje original-----
> De: seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
> [mailto:seaside-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org] En nombre
> de Lukas Renggli
> Enviado el: Lunes, 08 de Octubre de 2007 15:51
> Para: Seaside - general discussion
> Asunto: Re: [Seaside] SULibrary and File Serving
>
> I guess you forgot one important line:
>
>      ProxyPreserveHost On

You're right, this is the first part that complements that:

        DirectoryIndex index.html
        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPreserveHost On
        ProxyVia On
        UseCanonicalName Off

        # http compression to make the site better qualified by Yslow (and
experience of course)
        DeflateCompressionLevel 5
        SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
        BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
        BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
        BrowserMatch bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

        # some automatic headers expiry for cacheable content
        ExpiresActive Off
        ExpiresByType text/css                  "access plus 2 days"
        ExpiresByType text/javascript           "access plus 2 days"

> >         Notes: this needs the hack that cuts the /seaside/ in the
> > dispatcher but maybe gives ideas even using /seaside/ in the path.
>
> No, you can specify an empty base-path in the application
> configuration.

Mmm I didn't tried without reseting the dispatcher not to use '' instead of
'seaside' but I remember last time I tried without it was not enough (now I
don't remember well why). In the next chance maybe I try.

> >         I've only tested this with normal seaside url (not
> pretty ones)
> >         I think this will scale reasonably easily (I mean
> apache conf
> > only) to hit a proxy of balanced images when needed instead of
> > localhost:9090 attended by one image like I have now.
>
> You should start a blog ;-)

LOL yeah maybe I should. In any case I'm warming up to do it sooner or
later. For now I'll wait a little :)

Sebastian