[Seaside] Question about access to a shared object

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Wed Oct 10 05:11:47 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am making several web sites, which all have their own way to present
underlying objects.  So something like (in a concise format, something
like python):

Class RealUnit:
  quantity
Class MySite:
  myItems
Class SiteUnit:
  realUnit

So sites all have a collection of site units, and site units are
one-to-one with real units, they simply present a different perspective
of that same unit.  SiteUnit is just a presentation, it has no quantity,
only real units do.  So my question is, if two sites try to decrease the
quantity of the underlying real unit does that have to be protected by a
mutex or something?

I would expect so, but perhaps Seaside already protects access to all
object access somehow?

Thanks,
Jason