[Seaside] Who is hosting Seaside these days?

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Wed Oct 10 17:58:46 UTC 2007

ACockburn at aol.com wrote:
> I'm investigating Seaside for the next version of my website. Are there
> any commercial hosting sites that run or allow Squeak/Seaside?

I currently host at Webfaction.
http://www.webfaction.com

I have gotten good service from them. I currently do not have a website
up yet. But I have been in conversation with them and they are hoping to
have Squeak/Seaside support up toward the end of this week. I would hold
them to that as a strict deadline. They are still learning about
Squeak/Seaside, but that is the goal they have expressed to me.

They have multiple shared hosting plans with 40,80,120 mb of ram for a
long running process.

I am hoping that before I get a website up that I can get an image going
with Pavel's kernel image with Seaside 2.8 and Pier. But I am still in
the learning stage as far as all of this goes. I am hoping such an image
will permit a 40mb entry level plan. If so, that would be very nice.
Affordable hosting with Squeak/Seaside.

When official Webfaction support is available, I'll post here.

HTH

Jimmie