[Seaside] Seaside Hosting question

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Thu Oct 11 18:21:16 UTC 2007

Hello,

I just got this message from tech support at Webfaction. We are trying to get Seaside available as an option.

But I am woefully inadequate to answer his questions well.

Below is the email he sent me.

>  Hello Jimmie,
>
>  Just a bit of an update.
>  I've managed to get the Squeak VM installed
>  in a test account's home directory
>  and it appears to load the Seaside development
>  image fine so long as I disable X windows using
>  the -headless flag. I've a few questions:
>
>  1) What do I need to do to get Seaside
>     to listen for requests on a port?
>  2) What's the deal with X windows,
>     are they required to deploy a Seaside
>     application or run Seaside in a
>     production environment.
>
>  If the answer to my second question is yes
>  then we're probably not going to support Seaside.

Any help and answers greatly appreciated. I would love to enable them to get Seaside hosting going.

Thanks.

Jimmie