[Seaside] MinimalMorphic based web images

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Mon Oct 15 18:10:36 UTC 2007

I have created some images for the community to try out based on Pavel
Křivánek's MinimalMorphic images.

For more information and to download the images go to:
http://www.cyberhaus.us/squeak/

I am hoping to create as resource friendly an image as possible.
Hopefully one that I can get hosted at WebFaction my web host provider.
And hopefully other webhosts who allow for long-running processes.

Let me know if there are any problems with these images or if you have
suggestions for improving them.

One thing that I've noticed in these images is that they use the CPU
every second or two for something. As I watch the system monitor I can
see the CPU use jump very slightly, very regularly. I don't remember if
there is a way to stop this or not. Any help with this is greatly
appreciated.

These images are simply MinimalMorphic images with the software that is
described installed. I have notes in the images.

Please let me know if there is any preferences or settings that should
be changed to help these images be more suitable to the task of web
applications.

Feedback greatly appreciated.

Lets get some great images that can be easily deployed by hosting
providers all over the world. Even if they don't even know what Squeak
or Seaside is. And some excellent documentation for them to deploy these
images.

Thanks for any help, wisdom and understanding.

Jimmie