[Seaside] MinimalMorphic based web images

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Mon Oct 15 21:18:14 UTC 2007

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> 2007/10/15, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us>:
[snip
>> One thing that I've noticed in these images is that they use the CPU
>> every second or two for something. As I watch the system monitor I can
>> see the CPU use jump very slightly, very regularly. I don't remember if
>> there is a way to stop this or not. Any help with this is greatly
>> appreciated.
>
> IIRC what Seaside Hosting does is suspend them at the operating system
> process level using daemontools [1] to make sure they're idle and the
> operating system can swap them out.
>
> [1] http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

Hello Philippe,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I wasn't very clear, my apologies.

The image seems to be doing some kind of polling which is using CPU even
when the image should seem to be using none as it is doing nothing.

I haven't researched the squeak-dev archives yet. But I thought
something had been done to change the polling behavior in Squeak. I'll
have to see if I can research that.

Thanks.

Jimmie