[Seaside] Suspending UI Process

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Tue Oct 16 17:29:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

While researching the cpu usage, polling issue. I saw a thread on
suspending the UI Process which Avi also mentioned that he does.

Is there anyway for an image when starting up in headless mode be
started up with UI suspended?

Are there other ways for the UI process polling to stop?

I did see the Suspend UI in the Screenshot tool.

Is there another place in the Seaside UI for suspending the Squeak UI
process?
It seems that it would be nice to have the option somewhere less heavy
than the Screenshot tool.
It seems that it would be nice to have a means of starting up with UI
suspended.
Maybe a preference?

I am not exactly sure how that would work in a running saved image,
stopping and starting images.
Hmm?

Any way. Thanks for any information, ideas.

Jimmie