[Seaside] #updateRoot: and "if ie6 do:"

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 09:13:57 UTC 2007

I've been using #updateRoot: to add an "if ie6 do:" block to my site to
apply style changes, but instead of IE6 rendering the style as style, it
is showing as plain text.

Here is an example of usage:

updateRoot: aRoot
  aRoot if ie6 do: [
    aRoot stylesheet add: 'body { margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; }'

but as this screenshot shows, it is not as expected:

The source is a link:

<!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">body { margin: 0pt;
padding: 0pt; }</link><![endif]-->

Is there something I should add to prevent it from showing?

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA