[Seaside] Communication - (was [ANN] Seaside for Swazoo 2 beta)

Victor vmgoldberg at verizon.net
Mon Oct 22 15:18:09 UTC 2007

Phillippe,

 > I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
 > reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.

I understand your frustration, but communication is more complex than
what we are lead to think.  Documentation is only one of the channels
people use to communicate.  In this context, "nobody" is an important
word in your sentence above, and a dangerous one.  A certain amount of
people will read the documentation and find their answers, or at least
ask better questions.

User documentation is important.  As more people write good class
comments, more people will get used to read them, and that's a good trend.

Victor

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> See the documentation, either the class comment or the Universes
> entry. I must seriously reconsider writing documentation if nobody
> reads it anyway. Like this it's just wasted time.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe
>

> 2007/10/22, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr>:
>> philippe
>>
>> is a special action to do to use seaside with Swazoo?
>> I would like to add a section on startOn: 9090 with Swazoo in our book?
>> Is it the same protocol (startOn:...) with comanche and swazoo?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On 19 oct. 07, at 13:46, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The beta version of the Seaside Sever adapter for Swazoo 2 is
>>> available. Besides the usual bug fixes it now has also encoding
>>> support.
>>>
>>> Get it from Package Universes under "Web Development beta" or from
>>> SqueakSource [1]
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/SeasideForSwazoo-pmm.4.mcz
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Philippe