[Seaside] sspec questions

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 02:24:16 UTC 2007

itsme213 wrote:
> I am considering using SSpec for my testing (really liked RSpec when I used
> it). Do I need to unload SUnit before loading SSpec? If so, is that likely
> to go away in the future (lots of existing stuff uses it, and would be nice
> to be able to run their tests if I need to modify or extend). Is SSpec
> becoming widely used? Any graphical test runner?
>
> Thanks.

I dont think SSpec depends upon SUnit at all. No you dont need to unload
SUnit.

As far as I am aware SSpec is not widely used, although there are about
3 people who have expressed an interest that I know of and one of the
architects of RSpec has been getting into squeak recently.

Someone was interested in implementing stubs but I have not heard
anything of progress recently.

As far as graphical runners is concerned.... I spent a lot of time
changing SUnit so that it might be compatible with SSpec, so that you
can specify tests/specs based upon method category as sspec does.

The ideas being to eventually be able to run SSpec specs with the
standard TestRunner.

Keith