[Seaside] Seaside deployment help

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 05:46:56 UTC 2007

I achieve my will (generate all links with the form /~luc/seaside/...)  by

1) Set "Server Hostname" and "Server Path" for all entryPoints that are
 - Even if it is apache 2, it doesn't fully work without "Server Hostname"
 - foreach anApp : "Server Path" is set to : ('~luc/' , anApp basePath)

2) Correction of the config app that don't use the "Server Path" config to
write links (Bug?)
In the code of:
WADispatcherComponent>>renderRowName: anEntryPoint named: aString on: html
use #baseUrl instead of #basePath

3) change links to files of libraries (WAStandardFiles, WADispatcherFiles)
e.g /seaside/files/WAStandardFiles/toolbar.css to

The quick and dirty solution:

    ^ WAUrl new
        addToPath: '~luc/seaside/files';

now it works and it was not painless...