[Seaside] VW questions

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 23:27:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

can someone explain to me my components do not know who their parents
are (quickly before I put this is in!)

I am struggling to see why this would be a bad idea, since without it I
can see no way of enabling message routing from components.

Announcements seems limited to me since if using a global announcer. I
cannot see how two similar components on one page, each trying to
announce something to their parents/containers would be able to.

I used to use a SemanticMessage which would crawl up the hierarchy
looking for its target! If a subscription was found on route then it
would trigger.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Keith