[Seaside] textInput with autoUpdate when mouse moved out ?

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:37:09 UTC 2007

Hi Lukas,
I tried to do it by myself. I did the following changes as suggested by you

createForm: function() {
    this.form = document.createElement("form");
    this.form.id = this.options.formId;
    Element.addClassName(this.form, this.options.formClassName)
    this.mouseoutListener = this.form.submit();   // Added this Line

    this.form.onsubmit = this.onSubmit.bind(this);

    this.createEditField();
    if (this.options.textarea) {
      var br = document.createElement("br");
      this.form.appendChild(br);
    }
}

When I tried to execute it. I was rendered with inplaceEditor without OK
Button and Cancel Link (Which I expected). When I edit anything and move the
mouse out of the form. It is supposed to update. Till now, I have not been
able to achieve it. When I hit Enter (Return) key on my board, it is
updated.

I have a sortable(Scriptaculous) with each listItem being an InplaceEditor.
Just in case, to avoid any problem due to coupling, I removed the sortList
code and tried on a simple orderedList, yet no Progress for me.

Please help me out if the changes I have made are inappropriate. I also went
through wiki at Scriptaculou for Inplace.., couldn't find anything of use to
me.

If at all it is not possible for submission using onMouseOut event, how
about having a mechanism to trigger the submit, when we click on anywhere
else on Canvas or any button/link/form other the edit form we are working
on.

Thanks again,
Rajeev

On 9/1/07, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:

> > html textInput value: callback:   should be updated without submitButton
> or
> > similar mechansim.
> >
> > The update must be triggered by mouse movement, I mean when mouse is
> moved
> > out of the input form, it should be updated.
>
> Sure, instead of the #onClick: event of the button you assign the
> update action to the #onMouseOut: event on any DOM element.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli