[Seaside] seaside and apache - alwaysRedirect ?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 16:37:13 UTC 2007

> With previous versions of Seaside I just have to set up the
> alwaysRedirect preference to false in the seaside/config tool.

Doing so breaks the back-button in many cases.

> Now I can not find this setting anymore. It seems I have to override a
> WARedirectHandler object...

This was removed somewhere between Seaside 2.5 and 2.6.

> Is anyone who knows how to do this whit recent version of Seaside
> (version 2.8a1.399)

I guess you don't want to disable the redirects. So you should tell us
what the problem is you are trying to cure by setting #alwaysRedirect
to false.

If you Seaside applications generates invalid URLs when proxying you
should tell Apache 2 to preserve the host-name:

   ProxyPreserveHost On

In case you are using Apache 1 you have to manually provide this
information through the application configuration interface: "Server
Hostname" and "Server Port". In any case you have to set the actual
path in "Server Path".

Hope this helps.

Lukas

--