[Seaside] css and HTC files issue

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 20:38:31 UTC 2007

2007/9/6, Sylvain Pralon <sylvain.pralon at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I currently trying to make my seaside application css compatible for
> firefox and IE. I just want that IE render the website as Firefox does.
> Everybody knows that that IE is ok with w3c standards and consequently
> that is an easy task... grrrr.
> I'am used to add a csshover.htc or a png.htc file in a behavior
> propriety of my body in the css file.
> The problem is that I am using a WAFileLibrary which includes all mys
> css stylesheets and I don't know how to use this behavior command
> Have I to add the htc files into my library ? How do I call them after
> in my CSS method ?
> I tried to add an absolute URL (http:.../csshover.htc) but it does not
> change anything at the end.

The methods should be named csshoverHtc and pngHtc. The rule is the
same for all files:
- take the file name without the suffix
- add the capitalized suffix

> here is my css :
> globalCss
>
> ^'
> * {margin:0; padding: 0;}
> body {    background-color:#fff; ...; behavior: url(',self cssHoverHTC,');}
> img { behavior: url(',self pngHTC,'); }
>
> where methods returns a URL

Sending the messages directly returns the contents of the files. That
is not what you want. You want the urls. Luckily you already know the
urls.So it should read:

 ^'
 * {margin:0; padding: 0;}
  body {    background-color:#fff; ...; behavior: url(csshover.htc);}
  img { behavior: url(png.htc); }'

if you want to use the selectors so that senders and implementors work
you can use:

 ^'
 * {margin:0; padding: 0;}
  body {    background-color:#fff; ...; behavior: url(', (self urlOf:
#csshoverHtc), ');}
  img { behavior: url(', (self urlOf: #pngHtc), '); }'

Now there is an additional issue. Your version of Seaise doesn't know
htc files and serves them as application/octet-stream.
Seaside2.8a1-pmm.474 fixes this.

Cheers
Philippe