[Seaside] How to periodically call method, or execute process

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sat Sep 8 12:39:02 UTC 2007

Hey Oleg,

	take one thing at the time. For monitoring state periodically you
can use the 'periodical' from prototype/scriptaculous. You can see an
example of periodical at the scriptaculous test in your seaside image.

	Start a process is trivial no matter how much it takes. Can be
something like?

reportUpdaterProcess := [[Delay forDuration: 600 seconds.
				model hasRequisitesToProcessReport
					ifTrue:[model processReport]]
repeat] fork

or any oter method you execute periodically in a process. And I supouse
you'll have to make your own vars representing state somewhere in your model
to be able to query them from time to time using for example that
periodical.

	cheers,

Sebastian