[Seaside] [Q] WAKomEncoded equivalent thing for WAListener?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:25:21 UTC 2007

> I've used WAKomEncoded for my web app, and found that my application
> does not work with WAListener if there's Korean character in page/response.

Yes, this is a problem with the current (bad) design of the server
adaptors: automatic encoding is only supported in the WAKom hierarchy.
It would be probably better if we moved this encoding transformation
as a strategy into the request/response so that it can be reused with
any server adapter.

So far I was probably the only one using WAListener. As you maybe know
from earlier posts of mine, I don't trust the encoding of Squeak and
just keep all data in UTF-8 in my images.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch