[Seaside] Ubuntu Linux Server

Richard Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Sep 10 13:29:24 UTC 2007

I¹m thinking of hosting my Seaside app on Ubuntu Linux Server. This is a
GUI-less OS which raises a couple of questions...

1) I'm currently running a bit of Squeak code in a Workspace window to
enable file-serving (and to set the WAKom port to 9090). When I download the
image to Ubuntu Linux Desktop running on my server, the image "forgets" that
I'm running on port 9090 (and probably forgets about file-serving as well).

How do I run this code on Ubuntu Linux Server without a GUI?

2) I also have to run a simple Seaside program to setup my database for my
Seaside app on the server machine. Without a GUI, I don't see how I can get
around this.

Forgive these questions. Not only am I a Squeak newbie, I'm also a Linux
newbie...

Thanks,
Richard