[Seaside] Web Services and VisualWorks

Oleg Richards orichards at mail.ru
Tue Sep 11 19:05:01 UTC 2007

Hello Guys!

I have a problem with connecting to following web service:  http://
www.cbr.ru/DailyInfoWebServ/DailyInfo.asmx
Debugger shows me that problem in converting string to byte array in
net http class.
As i can understand it expects OneByteString and get TwoByteString,
because this web service contains stupid documentation
with russian characters. I've tried to modify method for reading
stream, but another error occuries - can't find tag close bracket  '>'.

I am using the latest non-commercial VisualWorks. I hope that there
are more experienced smalltalkers, who can try to connect to
this web service and solve problem.

Best regards, Oleg