[Seaside] Object Destruction (or how to destroy instance)

Oleg Richards orichards at mail.ru
Wed Sep 12 08:43:01 UTC 2007

Hello Guys!

Maybe this question is more about smalltalk than about seaside, so
i'm sorry.

In my reporting application i have following problem:
Some components of my seaside application working with Business Model
copies.
I do it to have ability to revert changes. If user wants to save
changes, database collection
just replaces old business objects with their updated copies. So
everything works just fine.

But there is a question: If i ask VisualWorks to show all instances
of Business Model, i can also
see old models, which were replaced by newer ones in DB collections.
So some instances "just flying
in the air". How can i destroy them (something like calling
destructor in C++). Or thats a not a problem and
they will be killed by garbage collector sometime? If so, when they
will be killed?

Cheers, Oleg