[Seaside] Site with google earth support using seaside
mariano at geoagris.com
Fri Sep 14 00:23:58 UTC 2007
I have to do a site for tracking vehicles using google earth. The site
work like this:
- The user logins (a session start)
- select what vehicle he wants to see
- for the selected vehicle the site has to build on the fly a KML file
(it's much like an XML with special tags)
- the KML has to refresh itself agains the server (autorefresh, to
update vehicle's position), the refresh tag it's like href="...."
- The user closes google earth, and then he logs out or the session
expires (no more auto-refresh from GE).
How can i implement this using Seaside, the problems i have are:
- Rendering non html content, i've been using
self session returnResponse: ((Seaside.WAResponse new)
nextPutAll: stream contents;
Is this the way, or there is another easier/cleaner way?
- Include session url inside the content (to keep user session alive,
and ensure that he's a validated user), in order to fill href="..." tag
of KML content.
I'll appreciate any help!
More information about the seaside