[Seaside] Using Insertions and Script Aculo

Oleg Richards orichards at mail.ru
Sun Sep 23 13:05:11 UTC 2007

Hello!

Does anybody knows how to use insertions in the following context:

This is function, which called from evaluator of InPlaceEditor:

renderDependentValuesForRow: aRow withReport: aReport on: script

	"HERE I NEED CHECK FOR VALUE AND DO FOLLOWING"
	" IF VALUE IS INVALID"
           " IF I ALREADY HAVE INVALID ROW MESSAGE THEN UPDATE IT
CONTENTS" - REMOVE
	  " IF I DONT HAVE INVALID ROW MESSAGE YET, I SHOULD INSERT IT AFTER
THIS ROW" - INSERTION
	" IF VALUE IS VALID"
	  " CHECK IF I HAVE INVALID ROW MESSAGE, IF YES REMOVE IT"

	(aRow allDependentRows select: [:each | each template = template])
do: [:each |
		script element id: each fullCode; render:(NumberPrintPolicy print:
			(aReport getInLocalCurrencyAt: (self fullRowCode: each
withSegment: businessSegment)) using: '#,###').
	]

I need help with the algorithm in UPPERCASE. How to check is object
(DOM element) already exists? How to remove it,
  how to replace its content, how to insert object after the existing
one.

Guys can somebody help me to implement the following with ScriptAculo
in seaside. I understand many things, but i can't
understand how to do it in Seaside :(.

Cheers, Oleg