[Seaside] Using Insertions and Script Aculo

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:39:25 UTC 2007

> 3 - I also want to display additional rows after some of them, to show that
> the previous row is invalid. And i also want to show in that row some info,
> that can help you to solve the problem. Maybe its better to be done with
> tooltips. I really don't know what is better. So now we have something like:
>
> Row: Description - Value with inplaceeditior
> Row: Information of validator

Maybe change the class of the row to make it visually stand out:

    html element
        id: 'row231';
        addClassName: 'invalid'

And add a tooltip (this will be simpler as soon as Prototype 1.6 is out):

    html element
       id: 'row231';
       access: 'title';
       assign: 'This is invalid because of bla bla bla ...'

> Do you have an idea of implementing it? Is it better to do this part without
> AJAX?

I think the simplest is to update the whole table. Otherwise it very
much depends on your actual implementation and how you generate the
report. Without knowing more about your approach I cannot give further
suggestions ...

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli