[Seaside] SU Lightbox and GLORP

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Mon Sep 24 20:22:46 UTC 2007

Because when I put code after the call to #inform:, it gets executed
immediately and it doesn't wait for either the Yes button or the No button
to be clicked in the lightbox.

Unless I'm doing something really stupid when I call #inform:...

remove: item
 | fred |
 fred := self inform: 'Are you SURE?'.
 fred
  ifNotNil: [Transcript cr; show: 'RKE: Not nil.'].
 Transcript cr; show: 'RKE: After inform.'

inform: aString
 ^self lightbox: (GSRemoveVideoLB new addMessage: aString)

Both lines are printed in the Transcript even before I click on the lightbox
buttons.

Regards,
Richard

> It's tricky because the SU Lightbox is non-blocking, ie, it doesn't wait
> for
> the #answer. I've spent all day working around this issue and I think I've
> solved it. BUT IT IS NOT PRETTY.

Why do you think the lightbox is non-blocking? WAComponent>>#lightbox:
uses exactly the same code as WAComponent>>#call: ...

Lukas