[Seaside] Using REST URLs in a seaside app

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:05:14 UTC 2007

> I am going to do a blog-like application with picture upload, and comments.
>
> I would like to do it ins seaside. But it should have REST URLs for
> the articles and everything that is visible to public and
> google-indexable or bookmarkable.

All this is done in Pier: the Blog, the google-indexability and the
bookmarkability.

> The second would be to serve the page with the right content displayed
> depending on the url.Without using k and s parameters.

Getting rid of _s is easy, you use cookies.

> So there would not be any k and s parameters for the "public" content.
> But as soon as someone logs in or writes a comment they should be
> used. So I have a public part that does not use the sessions and a non
> public part that does. In the public part each session could expire or
> end after the page is delivered.

Getting rid of _k is possible, but not that easy. It involves some
hacking in a subclass of WASession. The commercial www.cmsbox.ch does
this for example.

> Sounds complicated. Did anyone do something like this or is there a
> better approach?

The better approach in my opinion is not to worry about these
parameters. At least not in the beginning.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch