[Seaside] re: how to generate session url's

Merik Voswinkel merik at mac.com
Sat Sep 29 14:00:59 UTC 2007

> It's there it's just in WARendererCanvas do:
>
> html urlForAction: [self call: SUTest2 new]
>
> Philippe

Bingo!

That is it, that is how you generate a session url pointing to the
any component (here SUtest2) in Seaside 2.8 into the html page.

And for newbies like me:

temp := html urlForAction: [self call: SUTest2 new] is how you put
the value into a variable and not into the html page.

Thank you all for helping me out here!
Now I have to figure out why I could not solve this myself. Do you
all have superior insight in how Seaside works, are you better at
browsing (and finding!) examples and then rewriting them, is the
problem that we do not have enough Seaside documentation for a
programmer of my skill level, etc ?
To answer this question I have volunteered to help maintain the FAQ,
hoping to find out how to flatten the learning curve on Seaside.

Much obliged to uou all,

Merik Voswinkel