[Seaside] is there url encoding in Seaside or Squeak?

Merik Voswinkel merik at mac.com
Sat Sep 29 14:27:00 UTC 2007

Hello listmembers,

I have a string that I need to 'url encode' as specified in RFC 1738
(see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt )

Does anybody know of an existing method that already does that?
There is code in WAUrlEncoder and WAUrl but if I am correct that has
nothing to do with 'url encoding' as meant in RFC 1738.
Maybe there is some code that does a simple parse of a string and
replaces it with values from a table that I can use as a model?

An example of url encoding:

The url:   'xmlPath=http://localhost:9090/seaside/tests/facade?
24&_k=QfTdFUeY&_s=FSxTGyuBNcNckyjq'

can be encoded as:  'xmlPath%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9090%2Fseaside
%2Ftests%2Ffacade%3F24%26%5Fk%3DQfTdFUeY%26%5Fs%3DFSxTGyuBNcNckyjq'

For more info on url encoding see:

The table for encoding:
http://i-technica.com/whitestuff/urlencodechart.html

A tool for encoding: