[Seaside] is there url encoding in Seaside or Squeak?

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Sat Sep 29 23:14:14 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> I have a string that I need to 'url encode' as specified in
> RFC 1738 (see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1738.txt )
>
> Does anybody know of an existing method that already does that?
> There is code in WAUrlEncoder and WAUrl but if I am correct
> that has nothing to do with 'url encoding' as meant in RFC 1738.
> Maybe there is some code that does a simple parse of a string
> and replaces it with values from a table that I can use as a model?
>

> An example of url encoding:
>
> The url:   'xmlPath=http://localhost:9090/seaside/tests/facade?
> 24&_k=QfTdFUeY&_s=FSxTGyuBNcNckyjq'
>
> can be encoded as:  'xmlPath%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Flocalhost%3A9090%2Fseaside
> %2Ftests%2Ffacade%3F24%26%5Fk%3DQfTdFUeY%26%5Fs%3DFSxTGyuBNcNckyjq'

Why would you think WAUrlEncoder has nothing to do with url encoding?

url :=
'xmlPath=http://localhost:9090/seaside/tests/facade?24&_k=QfTdFUeY&_s=FSxTGy
uBNcNckyjq'.

String streamContents: [:stream |
	url do: [:each | (WAUrlEncoder encode: each on: stream)]]

It just encodes on character at a time.  Which gives you an identical answer
up until _k, where I notice that Seaside doesn't encode _'s like your
examples do, but I believe Seaside is correct here, _'s don't need encoding.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com