[Seaside] Web stats tracking

Merik Voswinkel merik at mac.com
Sat Sep 29 23:52:09 UTC 2007

On Sep 29, 2007, at 3:23 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Quick question, what's the best way to track application stats in
>> seaside?
>> Google analytics doesn't work with our URL's and having just
>> launched the
>> app I'm really keen to be able to track exactly how users are
>> navigating
>> through the app.  Any thoughts?
>
> Google Analytics allows to track extra variable that you define using
> some small JavaScript snippets. Read the Google Analytics
> documentation for details. What about putting your visible components
> into these variables?
>
> Lukas

You must must edit the Analytics Setting "Exclude URL Query
Parameters" with _s,_k to adapt it for Seaside

A good explanation with sample code to track pages or extra variables
in Boris Popov's Blog:

http://leftshore.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/seaside-google-analytics/
http://leftshore.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/google-analytics-and-
seaside-urls/