Re: [Seaside] [Q] Ajax UTF-8 Problem in WebKit(Older one in AIR)

"S.J.Chun" chunsj at embian.com
Tue Apr 8 06:23:02 UTC 2008

My seaside application renders page which dynamically updates using Ajax update.
Think of this as;

html update
  id: 'anID';

The problem is that when I render the content of anID not using Ajax update, it
just renders itself correctly. But with above code, the rendered UTF-8 korean string
is broken. I have no problem with current safari, firefox, ie; only ooold safari 2.0.X and
AIR(which uses unfixed version of webkit) does show this problem.

It seems that I have to communicate with ascii only string to work around this problem,
so I'm curious on whether I can do this with prototype/scriptaculous.

Attached images are;

Before: rendered with plain page request
After: same string rendered with ajax update

As you can see second one has broken characters.

Hope this provide enough information and thank you in advance.