[Seaside] Why does this work???

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:35:22 UTC 2008

>  As I understand the call:/answer: mechanism, the above should NOT work.

It has nothing to do with #call:/#answer:

The solution is here:

>  html submitButton callback: [self answer: item]; text: 'Save'.
>  html cancelButton callback: [self answer: nil]; text: 'Cancel'.

The #cancelButton causes all the callbacks in the form to be ignored,
as opposed to the #submitButton. This means none of your form
callbacks will be triggered and your object remains unmodified. And
then in your flow, you store an unmodified object.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli