[Seaside] HTML method naming conventions

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Fri Apr 11 03:55:41 UTC 2008

On 10-Apr-08, at 7:44 PM, Edward Stow wrote:

> + 1  I would prefer to use html tag names, td, tr, a.
>
> And seaside adds to the html language disconnect by using #url: for
> src and href attributes.

- 1

The most important consideration is readability. That's better served
by fidelity to Smalltalk conventions than by fidelity to the HTML
spec. A rendering method is Smalltalk code that generates HTML, not a
template language. That's a good thing - rendering code can be
refactored like any other Smalltalk code, and can thus generate
complex interfaces that would be difficult or impossible with
something that had more fidelity to HTML.

Colin