[Seaside] [ANN] SeasideXUL

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Mon Apr 14 12:12:12 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Holger Kleinsorgen
<kleinsor at smallish.org> wrote:
> Pavel Krivanek schrieb:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I started the project named SeasideXUL. This package enables to
> > generate XUL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XUL) code in Seaside 2.9 so
> > now we can create applications with standard look&feel directly in
> > Smalltalk with the power of Seaside.
> >

>  Very cool!
>
>  Would a 2.8 port be technically possible, or is Seaside 2.9 required?

I tried to back-port  it (version SeasideXUL-pk.48.mcz) and SeasideXUL
seems to work - even the call/answer mechanism. I've chosen the
version 2.9 in the beginning because I didn't know how deep changes
will I have to do in Seaside and the development version seemed to be
better starting point. Fortunately it was easier than I expected and
no changes directly in the Seaside core were necessary. Funny, because
initially I expected that the most reasonable way will be the start
with a new framework ;-). Btw. this project started on the 3th of
April 2008 so it's real newborn.

So now the development will continue on Seaside 2.8.

enjoy...

-- Pavel