[Seaside] WAPresenter>>processCallbackStream: aCallbackStream

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:53:56 UTC 2008

>  While working my way through the Seaside internals I came across:
>
>  WAPresenter>>processCallbackStream: aCallbackStream
>         aCallbackStream processCallbacksWithOwner: self.
>         self processChildCallbacks: aCallbackStream.
>         aCallbackStream processCallbacksWithOwner: self
>
>  Is their a reason for calling #processCallbacksWithOwner: twice?

Seaside evaluates all callbacks in the context of the component that
rendered the callback. There might be callbacks that appear before the
child-callbacks, as well as after the child callbacks (before and
after refers to the location in the XHTML output).

There might be also callbacks that appear in-between the
child-callbacks. This case will be handled in the loop of
WARenderContinuation>>processCallbacks:. This is all quite complicated
and causes some troubles, especially in the context of AJAX.

It might be dropped in upcoming versions of Seaside. The price would
be that we would need to find other ways to implement (or drop)
WABasicAuthentication, WASessionProtector and WATransaction.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch