[Seaside] Accessing SURequest / SUAjax post parameters

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:00:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  >         html anchor
>  >  >  >                 onClick:  (html request
>  >  >  >                         callback: [ self updateModel: testParamValue ];
>  >  >  >                         callback: [ :value | testParamValue := value ] value: 'abc');
>  >  >  >                 with: 'SURequest example'
>
>  Why doesn't this code work?
>
>  I only notice now that you are using a #request, so you can even make
>  it simpler:
>
>     html request callback: [ :value | self updateModel: value ] value: 'abc'
>

>  >  myModel.toJson()  -- so what I want to end up with is a callback that
>  >  returns the json data to my Seaside component.
>
>  The #callback:value:'s first argument is the callback block with the
>  value, the second argument is the JSON data (in this case a string)
>  that is serialized on the browser side and brought to the server side.
>  See the method comment for details.

I read the comment (copied below) and was a little confused:

SUAjax>>callback: aBlock value: anObject
	"Register aBlock as a secondary callback. anObject is interpreted as
JavaScript on the client-side, the result will be sent back to the
server and passed into aBlock. Multiple secondary callbacks can be
defined with one receiver."

I took this to (incorrectly) mean that anObject is serialized to a
json format, and is included as a string in the post parameters.  This
does work:

	str := SUStream new nextPutAll: 'myMap.toJson()'.

  	html anchor
		onClick:  (html request
			callback: [ :value | self updateModel: value ] value: str );
		with: 'SURequest example'

So my final question is do you need the primary callback at all?

Thanks
--

Edward Stow