[Seaside] bug or misunderstanding?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 18:35:13 UTC 2008

>  Why is "holder" nil here?  I can see that my textinput callback is
>  called first.  Shouldn't both of the callbacks share the same
>  reference to "holder"?

This is a long standing bug of Squeak. Of course nobody cares to
integrate the existing fix, as it consists of more than two new
classes. The fix is called 'Closure Compiler' and existing, tested and
working for years.

Blocks are badly broken in Squeak.

PS: As a workaround you can store your data within an inst-var, or if
you want to use a temp within a ValueHolder that you store in the