[Seaside] Re: Menu component - communicating with root component

Edward Stow ed.stow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 21:11:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Holger Kleinsorgen
<kleinsor at smallish.org> wrote:
> Boris Popov schrieb:
>

> > I'm not convinced that adding a third-party negotiator is easier than,
> >
> > Menu>>addItem: item
> >  self items add: item.
> >  item when: Clicked do: [self select: item].
> >
> > MenuItem>>renderContentOn: html
> >  html anchor
> >  callback: [self announce: Clicked];
> >  with: self label.
> >

>  true. if the triggering component is a direct child of the interested
> component, there's no need for fancy mechanisms.
>  but as soon as there are intermediate components, this soon gets out of
> control

I'm faced with this problem now.  I want the grandparent component to
respond to the announcement -- would my idea of having a generic
mechanism to bubble the announcements up the component tree be the way
to go - like html dom events.

--

Edward Stow