[Seaside] REServe and IOSPersistent project

Thomas Kowark thomas.kowark at gmx.de
Wed Apr 23 08:44:26 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I've already posted this on the squeak-dev list, but since this is an issue for seaside developers, too, I thought posting it here could improve my chances of finding an answer.

I am evaluating some object-relational mappers for Squeak and especially Seaside applications. In addition to the obvious choice GLORP I stumbled upon the REServe/IOSPersistent project.
It seemed very promising to me, since it reduces the configuration effort to a very small amount. However, last updates have been commited in october 2006.
Does anybody know what happend to those projects and why the automated mapping idea has not been introduced in other mappers as well?

Best,

Thomas