[Seaside] Why do forms contain unstyled divs?

Avi Bryant avi at dabbledb.com
Fri Apr 25 19:09:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Stefan Schmiedl <s at xss.de> wrote:

>  I see that the implementors have taken steps to keep required elements
>  out of sight. Still, both above and below my form content, div's without
>  styles remain. Is there a specific reason for not specifying a hiding
>  style to the wrapping div instead/additionally to hiding the contents?

Different browsers do very different things when you hit enter inside
a text input, and this is a  browser hack to ensure that the
defaultAction callback you have provided gets executed.  IIRC,
Internet Explorer will take the first "visible" submit button in the
form, which is why "hidden" doesn't work.

Avi