[Seaside] running code asynchronously

rjk rjkerkhoff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 20:17:45 UTC 2008

Dear Seasiders,

I'm cooking up some seaside/code recipes as an exercise and hopefully
for (web)publication some day, i have the following question;

Q. How do i run code asynchronously (inside the request/response
cycle) ?
A. My answer at this point is the following using a [block] fork.
as described in Smalltalk by example from alex sharp:

	01 renderContentOn: html
	02    html paragraph: Time now asTimeStamp.
	03    [Transcript cr; show: 'waiting for 10 seconds...'.
	04    (Delay forSeconds: 10) wait.
	05    Transcript cr; show: 'done!...'] fork.
	06    html paragraph: Time now asTimeStamp.

Could somebody confirm this? and give additional comments if this is
not the true seaside way?
Thanks in advance!

Redmar Kerkhoff