[Seaside] It is time for a Seaside IRC channel?

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 15:35:41 UTC 2008

2008/4/29 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> >  Is it doable ? interesting ?
>
>  That should be doable in less than 20 lines of code, I suppose. There
>  is already an IRC client in Squeak and to hook it up with a Seaside
>  interface should be relatively simple.

Main difficulty is the loggin aspect. And also, I was worried about
memory and so on if using a WAListener or only updaters...
Anyway, this could be a nice demo component to build... (I just can't
try myself right now)

>  Personally I don't really see the usefulness of IRC, but it would be
>  certainly cool to have the up-to-date logs included on the web-site.

It's cool as a chat, a dedicated one... you get to know people, and
ask stupid questions :) not all problems need a mail...

log would be cool, but not squeak log, seaside one...Concerning the
bot and all... I think there is a squeak bot project in GSoC so maybe
wait until the end of this summer.

Cédrick