[Seaside] It is time for a Seaside IRC channel?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Apr 29 20:18:03 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Wart <steve.wart at gmail.com> writes:

Steve> I would suggest that an irc resource be allowed to develop on its
Steve> own. Once it proves to be a useful place for new people, then it would
Steve> be worth advertising its presence.

Well, you have the chicken-and-egg problem then.  We can all
meet "at the watering hole", but the Internet is full of "holes". :)

So we need to agree that "people specifically interested in IRCing about
Seaside should go to freenode#seaside" so that there will eventually be a
status quo, and questions can get answered.  I'm already there, watching for
stuff.

It doesn't have to be advertised as "get support here".  Just "here's the
watering hole if you want to chat... might even be a Smart Person or two there
to get questions answered".  It'll sort itself out soon enough.