[Seaside] [ANN] Phantasia: A CSS Framework

Hernán Morales hernan.morales at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 01:40:56 UTC 2008

Dear anyone interested in working with Smalltalk objects:

  Now you can write in Smalltalk to style pages with CSS. Instead of styling
with ugly, boring and long Strings (where you must perform a continuous
visual sweeping of the code to make the most trivial modification), you can
create high-level super sexy CSS constructs, track and review your styles
with the standard Smalltalk tools (XReferences), and share constructs and
configurations easily. The framework includes a set of 40 fixed layout
templates ready for use, and let you compose the basic CSS elements as
objects.

A note: If your department, office, ark, whatever, have graphical designers,
they rarely would love to learn this new strange prolific ninja environment
called Smalltalk just for writing CSS - besides, a lot of them are already
in love with anything after the word "Adobe" -, but, for smalltalkers, by
far we believe that's easier to work inside Smalltalk with objects than in a
file-based way.

Sincerely,

                                            Hernán

PD: The I-almost-forget-it part of this mail: Juan Burella and me wrote
Phantasia. Download it from http://www.squeaksource.com/Phantasia.html